Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Third

 The third.  There is still so much to the story that I haven’t shared yet… and I’m still not quite ready to, but you, the third baby, have taught me so much already. 

 As we started slowing telling close friends and family between weeks 8 and 12, I was surprised at the questions I found myself answering that we never answered before.  I have to giggle at how many times we heard “Was this on purpose!?” as people’s first reaction.  Apparently, you must be slightly crazy to willingly want a third haha, but we are in the crazy crowd- yes, sweet baby, you are certainly on purpose, by both your parents and your divine Creator.  We also have often heard, “Of course you are trying for a girl this time, right!?” And again, I giggle, because the answer is nope.  Our hearts just wanted one more sweet, little one, boy OR girl.  I think a trio of ornery, blue eyed boys would be EPIC, but I also wouldn’t turn down the fun of bows and ruffles.

 

I was NOT surprised at how excited (a) was to find out he is going to be a big brother again.  He has been begging for another baby since (b) was born.  He loves being a big brother, and he loves babies.  He was thrilled to find out, and is already talking to my belly, making plans for the things they will do together, and last night as he was praying for the baby to grow strong and healthy, he added “and please God, let our baby be cute!”  He even willingly and excitedly cooperated for our announcement pictures (something he did NOT do the first time he found out he was going to be a big brother).  The day after we told him the news, he drew the most precious picture and presented it to me with an explanation: “This is Mama” (in the middle), “This is our baby” (down at the bottom), “And this is God” (on the left) “because God is looking out for Mama and our baby.”  Oh sweet boy, you have NO IDEA how much God has been looking out for Mama and our baby.  I don’t keep them all, but I think I will keep this piece of artwork masterpiece forever. 


 

Some days I look at the dinner time chaos of the two we have and wonder how on earth we will juggle a third, but then they randomly hug each other and cackle with laughter and I know we will have NO trouble fitting a third into our bunch.  Some things seem like old hat, I barely even think about my daily shot or the work it takes check ingredient labels for carbs- those things were hard the first time around.  But other things never get old, like the excitement of an ultrasound or hearing that precious little heartbeat.  Many days I felt guilty as we often went all day without discussing the baby for fear of (a) overhearing us, or realizing that I am no longer checking daily for the developmental milestones we are crossing or the size of the baby as I did with the first two.  Other days I still marvel at how blessed I am to be growing a little miracle, that feeling never gets old. 

 

Oh sweet third, there are so many things you have taught me already, there is so much I still don’t know and will need to learn.  But this I know without a doubt, I am blessed to be your Mama, and you will be incredibly loved in this family.

 

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I Share My Classroom With

 Right before school started last fall, I found a neat sign to add to my classroom décor.  It says, “What I love most about my classroom is ...